The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Pg 5042 - CraZanity Announced for 2018!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Can I park my donkey here?
 
Posts: 40
Joined: 19 Jan 2017
Location: Moreno Valley, CA
Gender: Male

Re: The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Postby SFMMFan76 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:44 pm

Posted by HarmsWay in the Facebook group "Former Employees of Six Flags Magic Mountain". Not sure if he's a member here.

JetStream boats are getting fresh paint... Hopefully, all the boats are getting painted.
JetstreamBoats.jpg

Can I park my donkey here?
 
Posts: 40
Joined: 19 Jan 2017
Location: Moreno Valley, CA
Gender: Male

Re: The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Postby SFMMFan76 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:49 pm

joelwee wrote:I stopped by for a little while yesterday evening, as well. It was a ghost town. All the coasters were open, with the exceptions of Superman, Goliath, and Green Lantern. Despite what the app said, Riddler and Apocalypse were both open. Everything was running one train, but that was all that was needed. I never waited more than 2 minutes for any ride.
One major bummer that I noticed was that both ColdStones are gone. I can't say I'm too surprised, given that I've never seen long lines at either place, while the funnel cake place directly across the midway was always packed. But it was nice to be able to sneak into the one near Apocalypse and get a cup of ice cream on the dining pass.
cs1.jpg

cs2.jpg


I guess their franchise agreements ended? Hopefully they put something else in the main gate location soon. Not good for something to be empty/closed up right where everyone enters the park. And now, just what we need, another empty building in the back of the park. They really need to do something with the "Cyclone Bay" section of the park.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay
User avatar
 
Posts: 5
Joined: 13 Jan 2018
Gender: Male
Age: 23

Re: The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Postby Matt Glumac » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:50 pm

Colossus (Six Flags Magic Mountain).jpg
Colossus at Six Flags Magic Mountain on August 16th, 2014. Its last day of operation as a wooden coaster. (C) Matt Glumac.

I teach at the school of donkey!
 
Posts: 314
Joined: 28 May 2016
Location: SoCal!!
Gender: Male

Re: The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Postby Mr. Corn » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:59 pm

well I think this pretty much confirms that Scrambler will be included in the new Beach Boardwalk themed area. Bayside Scrambler??
-
(although i'm confused on why a beach themed attraction is going to be half way into Metropolis, a revamp is always great, so no complaints here!!)
img_2101.jpg
credit: greatamericancoasters.org
follow my original theme park photography page: @socal.screams

Donkeys are my way of life!
User avatar
 
Posts: 548
Joined: 30 Nov 2016
Location: Los Angeles
Gender: Male
Age: 25

Re: The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Postby joelwee » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:01 pm

SFMMFan76 wrote:
joelwee wrote:I stopped by for a little while yesterday evening, as well. It was a ghost town. All the coasters were open, with the exceptions of Superman, Goliath, and Green Lantern. Despite what the app said, Riddler and Apocalypse were both open. Everything was running one train, but that was all that was needed. I never waited more than 2 minutes for any ride.
One major bummer that I noticed was that both ColdStones are gone. I can't say I'm too surprised, given that I've never seen long lines at either place, while the funnel cake place directly across the midway was always packed. But it was nice to be able to sneak into the one near Apocalypse and get a cup of ice cream on the dining pass.
cs1.jpg

cs2.jpg


I guess their franchise agreements ended? Hopefully they put something else in the main gate location soon. Not good for something to be empty/closed up right where everyone enters the park. And now, just what we need, another empty building in the back of the park. They really need to do something with the "Cyclone Bay" section of the park.

I agree. The empty building just inside the front gate looks bad, so hopefully they'll get something else in there soon.
I wonder if Six Flags will install their own ice cream brand in that building (like how they replaced Panda Express with Chop Six).
1) Twisted Colossus 2) X2 3) XCelerator 4) Tatsu 5) YOLOcoaster 6) Viper 7) Batman 8) Matterhorn Bobsleds 9) Apocalypse 10) Ghost Rider
Coaster count: 36
Seat, don't fail me now!

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay
User avatar
 
Posts: 5
Joined: 13 Jan 2018
Gender: Male
Age: 23

Re: The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Postby Matt Glumac » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:48 pm

joelwee wrote:
SFMMFan76 wrote:
joelwee wrote:I stopped by for a little while yesterday evening, as well. It was a ghost town. All the coasters were open, with the exceptions of Superman, Goliath, and Green Lantern. Despite what the app said, Riddler and Apocalypse were both open. Everything was running one train, but that was all that was needed. I never waited more than 2 minutes for any ride.
One major bummer that I noticed was that both ColdStones are gone. I can't say I'm too surprised, given that I've never seen long lines at either place, while the funnel cake place directly across the midway was always packed. But it was nice to be able to sneak into the one near Apocalypse and get a cup of ice cream on the dining pass.
cs1.jpg

cs2.jpg


I guess their franchise agreements ended? Hopefully they put something else in the main gate location soon. Not good for something to be empty/closed up right where everyone enters the park. And now, just what we need, another empty building in the back of the park. They really need to do something with the "Cyclone Bay" section of the park.

I agree. The empty building just inside the front gate looks bad, so hopefully they'll get something else in there soon.
I wonder if Six Flags will install their own ice cream brand in that building (like how they replaced Panda Express with Chop Six).


I hope they get some good chocolate ice cream. I haven't really tried ice cream at major parks.

Why do I still have a donkey title???
User avatar
 
Posts: 11727
Joined: 16 Feb 2005
Location: The bar
Gender: Male
Age: 29

Re: The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Postby coasterbill » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:19 am

SFMMFan76 wrote:Posted by HarmsWay in the Facebook group "Former Employees of Six Flags Magic Mountain". Not sure if he's a member here.

JetStream boats are getting fresh paint... Hopefully, all the boats are getting painted.


:nina: :nina: :nina:

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay
User avatar
 
Posts: 5
Joined: 13 Jan 2018
Gender: Male
Age: 23

Re: The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Postby Matt Glumac » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:27 am

DSCN8110.JPG
Goliath at Six Flags Magic Mountain on August 15th, 2014. (C) Matt Glumac.

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"
User avatar
 
Posts: 10322
Joined: 24 Apr 2005
Location: Northridge, CA
Gender: Male
Age: 32

Re: The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Postby Jew » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:11 pm

coasterbill wrote:
SFMMFan76 wrote:Posted by HarmsWay in the Facebook group "Former Employees of Six Flags Magic Mountain". Not sure if he's a member here.

JetStream boats are getting fresh paint... Hopefully, all the boats are getting painted.


:nina: :nina: :nina:


I hope they're getting a full refurb...the boats easily fill with water because there is so much crap (mainly soggy paper items like maps and receipts) that block the drain.
Image

Why do I still have a donkey title???
User avatar
 
Posts: 7881
Joined: 27 Jul 2013
Location: At SDC.
Gender: Male
Age: 30

Re: The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:26 pm

So, random question for you all. We are looking at taking our first trip to SFMM this summer!!! (Been wanting to go every since X first opened in 2002!!) Holy crap, it's been such a long time!!!

We will be at the park on either a Friday, or Saturday in late July, or early August. So, my question is... would a Platnium Flash Pass be enough for us to do everything in one day, or should we look at doing 2 days at the park??
Bigger is not always better.

PreviousNext