TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Michigan's Adventure (MiA) Discussion Thread

^ wow I see I was just trying to add onto the ongoing joke of nothing being added

Anyway for real though I only noticed two things new at the park being a catwalk under Thunderhawk’s brake runs and new gates at the water park instead of the old mobile barriers they used to use. I mean I wasn’t expecting anything and the only reason I noticed either is because I’ve been to this park way too many times.

71F1FC5C-9D86-47FD-96A1-D060194BC876.thumb.jpeg.3dfbffda1c006e3fc746827f1499c086.jpeg

Something seemed different

I’m guessing it’s because they were tired of using the scissor lift to get people off because it has really bad power problems.

I thought I saw that the catering area was getting a renovation, unless that fell through.

They did along with new food options. But i am sure unless you go and eat in the Pavilion its hard to notice. I also thought there was supposed to be some new food options at some other stands but I have yet to get to the park this year to check it out.

I was at the park on Friday. Here are a few new things I noticed:

YxKpTBi.jpg

The entrance turnstiles have been removed in favor of a CP style entrance

DjbSeoj.jpg

New frames for light fixtures have been installed along the lake/pond

s6yJgJj.jpg

There are not actually light fixtures installed, or electrical wire, but string has been fished between them.

• 4 weeks later...

So I had to much time to think with a slow day at work. I came up with would could work. Michigans Adventure is the only park in the chain without a camp/planet snoopy. I know this isnt going to happen but it would actually make sense and really update the kiddie area by Zach's Zoomer

I can picture them removing Corkscrew and putting a camp snoopy there and where the current kids area is. Remove the Kiddie Cars, mini enterprise, and motorcycles. Be Bop Bvld becomes Snoopy's classic cruise. Zach's Zoomer becomes woodstock express. Big dipper becomes Lucy's big dipper. Where the kiddie cars and motorcycles were put in pig pens mud buggies and camp bus. Where corkscrew was put in a peanuts 500, flying ace balloon race, spoopy's rock and tug, linus launcher and a sbf visa spinner named great pumpkin spinner. Would really update the area

Next year to replace the Corkscrew they put in a Euro Fighter back by Thuinderhawk and Grand Rapids.

Do you guys think that would work? I think that would be best bet to a new kids area

So even though me and my wife have season passes and live 5 minutes from the park we finally made it there for the first time this year. After visiting some really good parks this year we just havent had much ambition to go. Anyways only 2 things I really noticed is that Thunderhawk is looking super faded and that Sea Dragon was shrink wrapped. Does anyone know if it has been opened yet this year?

So even though me and my wife have season passes and live 5 minutes from the park we finally made it there for the first time this year. After visiting some really good parks this year we just havent had much ambition to go. Anyways only 2 things I really noticed is that Thunderhawk is looking super faded and that Sea Dragon was shrink wrapped. Does anyone know if it was going to be opened yet this year?
I noticed that to! I was at the park and noticed that there was a cover over the ship itself. I called up the park to ask why and they said,"Ugh maintenance I don't know when its gonna reopen." I was confused but I hope that there not gonna remove it cause it's a nice ride, but I really noticed the staffing issues. In the morning I noticed it with Hydro Blaster that it was open in the morning but they closed it when the water park opened up. After the staff member went to Trabant that had no staff member there and it was closed. Also Be Bop Blvd was only running one side when it had a 20-30 minute wait.What I didn't understand was that there was a staff member on the bridge for Adventure Falls when you could just have an announcement on the bridge and that its there fault if they don't hold on and fall when the wave comes over. I really hope the staffing issue isn't the case that we aren't getting anything major.

Last time I went to MiA, was 2015, and it's only 2 hours away! I will have had CF Platinum passes twice now without going once as well. If that's not a stinging indictment of the place from a local, I don't know what is!

Sea Dragon was shrink wrapped. Does anyone know if it has been opened yet this year?

Today was the first day they ran it! They were cycling it in the morning with water dummies and then had actual riders later in the day.

While nothing crazy, the Google Earth satellite has been updated. The date is now 5/15/2018. It was last done in 2015. Street view is still from 2011. I haven't been their since '16. It's interesting how they did the Funnel queue. It looks like they did more work on Thunderhawk than just the catwalk by the brakes, judging by all the stuff laying by it.

Thinking of heading out to the park for the first time either this Friday or the following Friday. Anyone have experience at this park and know what I should expect on a Friday? Really wanting to get a lot of rides on Shivering Timbers, but will that be possible without FL? Really have no idea what to expect here.

Thinking of heading out to the park for the first time either this Friday or the following Friday. Anyone have experience at this park and know what I should expect on a Friday? Really wanting to get a lot of rides on Shivering Timbers, but will that be possible without FL? Really have no idea what to expect here.

There is no need for fast lane at this park. Not even sure why they offer it, other than maybe for wolverine wildcat on a busy day.

The park handles smaller to medium crowds pretty well. Most people go to the water park if its hot. The water park has a crazy high capacity and I have never seen them close the water park due to max capacity. Mad Mouse and Wildcat can get long lines. They only run 1 train on W Wildcat, Corkscrew and Zachs Zoomer. Wildcats line moves at snails pace and can be awful on a busy day. Loggers Run can get some hefty lines. You should have no problem marathoning Shivering Timbers. Usually the crew cranks the trains out. They usually have a train ready to dispatch before the 2nd trains hits the brake run (granted its a super long ride) If Thunderhawk is only operating one train then it can get long. Usually only a 10 minute wait with 2 trains. Funnel of Fear, Mine Shaft and Mammoth River usually get the longest lines in the water park. The park has a long lazy river, 3 wave pools, 2 kids areas and a bunch of tube and body slides. There is a beer garden in the dry park by Lakeside Gliders and Corkscrew. There is also a beer garden in the waterpark under SlideWinders. Enjoy your trip

Another ride that had a long line on my lone visit was the flume. It appeared to be around a half hour.

One of the benefits of Cedar Fair parks is that they don't run out of FastLane, so if you get there and realize crowds are rough, you do have the option to spring for FastLane. If you follow the advice of hitting the Mad Mouse and one train op coasters early, you should be all set. I also would recommend riding Shivering Timbers relatively early as well. I know it's unlikely the coaster breaks down, but it'd be a shame to visit Michigan's Adventure and not get an opportunity to ride their star.

• 2 weeks later...

The park put up a bunch of new lighting along the corkscrew midway. All the way down the lake to the waterpark. They look nice. I will try to take pics next time I am at the park.

For giggles I contacted the 2 townships that the park sits on. I am sure its a big shocker to everyone but the park has not pulled any new permits recently