TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Knoebels Discussion Thread

wonderful report from Knoebel's. . I'll be there in just over a week, and it gets me even more excited about the visit!

and how great to see 1001 Nachts running. . . the only prior visit I had, it was sitting in pieces and looked like it would never operate again.

yay!

Great report and pics!

Thanks! I greatly enjoyed my time visiting Knoebels and taking photos of the park as it is quite photogenic!

wonderful report from Knoebel's. . I'll be there in just over a week, and it gets me even more excited about the visit!

and how great to see 1001 Nachts running. . . the only prior visit I had, it was sitting in pieces and looked like it would never operate again.

yay!

Thank you! It's awesome that you will be going again in a little over a week. Yes, 1001 Nachts was running great. Unfortunately during my visit, Fandango, Over the Top, and Italian Trapeze were down for visible maintenance as they were partially taken apart. But, there were reports that Over the Top (new for 2017) was up and running earlier this season. Maybe it'll be running when you visit!

Great report! I never get tired of seeing photos of Knoebels and it always makes me want to immediately drive on down there.

I have always enjoyed looking at other people's photos of Knoebels over the years. It is awesome to have finally visited! I really want to try to get back this Fall as I can only imagine that the foliage surrounding the park is truly beautiful and very photogenic.

Hey everyone, I'm sure this question gets asked ALL the time, but what would be the best pricing option for me. I'm planning on going with my girlfriend on a weekday in August, and both of our dads are retired military (but we're still young enough to have a military ID and get discounts). We want to ride as much as we can, so what would be the best option for us? This system is a bit confusing for me especially with the potential military discounts thrown in and the site doesn't clarify much. Can any Knoebels experts help us out? Thanks!

Agreed. The discount on ticket books is really only worth it if you're only going to use a single book in one visit, such as if you were a local dropping by for a few hours.

Finally made it to the park. We banged up the three hours arriving at opening and departing at about 7. Overall it lived up to the billing. It is just the right size being able to cut back or get anywhere without issue. On a Thursday there were just enough people to feel festive with the music and the food smells and the trees without having much in the way of lines. Flying Turns turned out to be the longest wait at 30 minutes. Everything else was maybe a train or two. Dispatches with one train on Phoenix were top notch.

Last year I posed the question here about the top five foods and I used that as my checklist sampling Cesari's, the pierogies from the good place, sundae under the rotating umbrella, waffle ice cream sandwich, pickle on a stick, real iced tea, birch beer, and the apple cider and green apple slushes. I could return just to eat the rest of the stuff. The pierogies were definitely not Mrs. T's but it was the slushes that got me as I stood at one point holding both flavors trying to decide which I liked best.

- Love a carousel that actually has the brass rings

- Downdraft. That ride is sneaky.

- We missed a bunch of other rides because we kept reriding the The Flyers. Good long ride cycle and speed. Snapping at the trees. There were many involuntary sounds of joy riding these.

- Flying Turns is great for what it is, but not worth a wait

- Is there a better Haunted Mansion?

- Several rides on Impulse. I think I'm doing something right as a parent when my 13 year-old can turn and say I really like how these restraints hold your whole leg rather than just clamp down on your thigh and too bad this drop isn't higher.

- Trying to figure out where Phoenix falls in the top 25 list. The air is great and so smooth. Reriding is like eating chips: just one more.

- Not much time to look around from the top of the Stratosphere. Up up up drop

- We didn't reride Twister, but liked the how the overall ride builds

- Several people in front f us balked at the ticket price on the Skyway. Go for the bracelets.

- World's best bumper cars? Yup.

We rode many others but didn't hit everything and could easily have made it a two day park without swimming or playing golf. Parking was a breeze, the park is clean and kept up, and there was plenty of friendly staff.

real iced tea

This is the only amusement park I have found that serves real brewed iced tea. I try not to drink soda or sugary drinks and I find is silly that most parks do not offer real iced tea. Its one of the cheapest drinks they can sell and still make a profit with a mark up. Plus, in the hot summer its definitely more thirst quenching to drink un-sweet drinks then sugary ones.

Awesome report by the way too!

I'll post some photos and a quick TR eventually, but I wanted to thank everyone for the tips. I didn't expect Emily and I would enjoy this park as much as we did, from the lack of many modern attractions and no beer man. However, this was the most innocent fun I've had for years. It's truly hard to explain why this park differs so much from the usual formula and why that makes it so fun. I wasn't really looking forward to this park, but I left completely blown away. That's the first time I think I've ever used that phrase. This will be one of the first parks on our radar when we hopefully have a child.

Hey everyone, I'm sure this question gets asked ALL the time, but what would be the best pricing option for me. I'm planning on going with my girlfriend on a weekday in August, and both of our dads are retired military (but we're still young enough to have a military ID and get discounts). We want to ride as much as we can, so what would be the best option for us? This system is a bit confusing for me especially with the potential military discounts thrown in and the site doesn't clarify much. Can any Knoebels experts help us out? Thanks!

As cool as the tickets are, we just saif F-It and just went with the wrist bands. I wanted to spend our day care-free at a care-free kind of park without worrying or calculating how many tickets we had left. I did buy four tickets to take home as a souvenir, though... The ticket lady looked at me like I was an idiot for buying four .25 cent tickets just to take home. She has good intuition.

Glad you enjoyed it! Knoebels is incredible and it's not really apparent why. They do exactly the opposite of what just about every other park does, and I think that's what makes it work. Knoebel's is the only place to experience what they offer. Big corporate parks can be exhausting, but despite going from one thing to the next all day for two days straight, I never really felt tired at all. A park is a place to relax and have fun, and Knoebels does that in ways that other parks can't match.

Looking forward to your report!

Knoebels is closed today. I don't want to jump to conclusions but it's noteworthy because they rarely close for weather, there's a flash flood warning in Elysburg with more rain in the forecast and it's been dumping rain all weekend so I could see the water level being higher than normal. Hershey is having flooding problems, hopefully everything's okay at Knoebels.

It's preventative measures like this that help make Knoebels as awesome as it is.

Just like this past offseason. Did they need to retrack Phoenix? No, but they did it anyway and that's why it always runs like a dream.