TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Unknown ride Manufacturer...

I made this topic, because I am confused myself, about who makes this fun fair ride. See the video. It is not KMG Oblivion, and to does not look like a Technical Park Street Fighter. Does anyone know? Currently I am reffering to it as Knock Off KMG, but it must be made by a real manufacturer.

Anyone else who has a question regarding who makes what ride can also post here, and hopefully a kind someone will answer your query.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Thanks for that. But also, yuck! The ride felt really odd and not that pleasant. It was still quite fun, but now I know it was a Czech knock off, it makes sense. At lest there are not very many, so it is a rare ride for me!

^ There are two. The Oblivion model can fit on one trailer, and the Freak Out is slightly larger and fits onto two. This was quite small, so I was comparing it to the Oblivion model.

EDIT: They can be called both. The reason why I call it that, it because the Stephens fun fair one (which was meant to be at this fair) is known as an Oblivion KMG ride.

I actually don't think its funlight whoever they are. It appears to be a Lunapark FS model, maybe the same as this one that was at Southport Pleasureland. Its definitely this model because the funlight one has holes in the back of the seats, whereas this one has got it blocked off like the video you showed. The sign also looks similar but it may be a different ride i don't know.

www.fun-fairs.co.uk/topic/78006-zz-unknown-xxl-nfaaf53/

^ Hmm. I reckon you are correct about that. It looks more like a Lunapark FS ride, as the harness is different on the Funlight rides, however they are very similar. Either one company has copied the other, or they are both part of the same company. Both are based in Czech area suggesting they are part of one company, but at the same time one could very easily copied the other. Interesting.

http://www.kolotoce.sk/lunaparkfs/extreme.html

^ Hmm. I reckon you are correct about that. It looks more like a Lunapark FS ride, as the harness is different on the Funlight rides, however they are very similar. Either one company has copied the other, or they are both part of the same company. Both are based in Czech area suggesting they are part of one company, but at the same time one could very easily copied the other. Interesting.

http://www.kolotoce.sk/lunaparkfs/extreme.html

They have both just ripped off KMG really.

I actually don't think its funlight whoever they are. It appears to be a Lunapark FS model

You must be right, I didn't even know this one. Dang, how many knock-off companies are there?...

EDIT: They can be called both. The reason why I call it that, it because the Stephens fun fair one (which was meant to be at this fair) is known as an Oblivion KMG ride.

No they are not called both, Oblivion is a name of one (or multiple) particular model(s), but Freak Out is the one and only factory name.

L8VZIHrJS7O_8hanbkCpRA.png

• 7 months later...

^ The above is an SR2 simulator from a company named Doron Precision Systems (I believe). It was your basic mall simulator ride with a variety of films running. My lone experience with one was at the now-defunct Maple Leaf Village in Niagara Falls, Canada. They had a film of The Beast playing. I remember being relatively underwhelmed!

^ The above is an SR2 simulator from a company named Doron Precision Systems (I believe). It was your basic mall simulator ride with a variety of films running. My lone experience with one was at the now-defunct Maple Leaf Village in Niagara Falls, Canada. They had a film of The Beast playing. I remember being relatively underwhelmed!

Hey, awesome, thank you! I rode one at the defunct 49th Street Galleria in Utah around 1986ish... I'm not sure if it was a rollercoaster or an airplane film... or perhaps I saw both. I think I was somewhat impressed being around 7 years old and not having been on too many other 'rides' at the time. Anyway, I'm working on putting together a history of that place, so thanks for the info!