TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Thrill Gardens (RCT2)

May 8, 1989

Six Flags Thrill Gardens has begun to take shape with the addition of several new rides. Our Schwarzkopf steel coaster has arrived. We are calling it American Screamer. We brought back Bumper Cars and added a 3d cinema.

White Thunder received stronger supports to make it sturdy. FreeFall was moved to the other side of White Thunder to have more room to expand White Thunder's queue.

Our biggest project so far has begun. We added a subway system under the park that will transport guests to the entrances of our biggest thrills.

Six Flags issued a statement earlier this week stating that testing will begin later this year with the park opening Memorial Day 1990.

Andrew Bennet has already begun training future staff on how to manage the park.

SCR6.BMP

White Thunder's supports

SCR19.BMP

FreeFall's new location

SCR18.BMP

White Thunder's extended queue

SCR11.BMP

American Screamer

SCR12.BMP

Subway entrances for Red Line and Blue Line

SCR13.BMP

Blue Line's entrance

SCR14.BMP

Red Line's entrance

SCR15.BMP

Bumper Cars

SCR16.BMP

3d Cinema

SCR17.BMP

New overview of Six Flags Thrill Gardens

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Much better! But, please do not put the track directly on the ground as it looks as if it has no support at all. Your buildings seem okay, but try to make each subway station unique. Don't forget to add trees and flowers! The park is shaping up to be quite good though. Great job!

"Praise be to Anton, Amen."

Your Schwarzkopf coaster makes me sad.

1.) Re-think the blocking systems a notch, and re-define your brake run: Instead of how it's currently configured, raise the brake run to the same height as your platform, and block/chain lift the thing: You can put four trains on your coaster that way, and boost capacity, not to mention make the ride look more in line with His Dreier Looping class of coasters. You might also want to do the same thing with the midcourse blocks: He didn't rely heavily on braking in His designs, and those blocks are easily Arrow-strength.

R.D.

I redesigned the brake runs on the coaster. I added a restroom building, and the entrances to the subways were redesigned.

I hope that this is what you meant.

SCR20.BMP

Redesigned coaster

SCR22.BMP

Two of the redesigned subway entrnaces

SCR23.BMP

Third redesigned entrance

SCR24.BMP

Last redesigned entrance

SCR25.BMP

Restroom building

Does anyone have RCT Modified that they wouldn't mind sending to me in a PM? The site it is on is unavailable and I would love to use it. Thanks in advance.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

June 8, 1990

Opening day went pretty well.

We had no rides breaking down! White Thunder received all the attention. Must be that it's a wooden and the only non-inverting coaster of the pack.

American Screamer had some guests but not the number we wanted.

We already have plans for a few flats to show up during the off season.

Andrew Bennet was even able to get out and take some pictures of the park!

SCR21.BMP

White Thunder's full train

SCR26.BMP

Revolution's long line

SCR27.BMP

Carousel and 3D Cinema's lines

SCR28.BMP

American Screamer

SCR29.BMP

This area needs some work

SCR30.BMP

We end this update with a full Samurai train on the brake run

Just an observation, but space shot towers didn't really come in until the mid-late 90s.

Intamin gen 1 Freefalls are pretty much the only ones that I know of that existed at the time until the gen 2 models came out.

I really enjoyed your original park concept and I'm kinda sad to see it go. Personally I'm more of a fan of creating your own park chain or using another brand, but I'm looking forward to seeing what you have in store.

Just a suggestion. You should make every path at least 2 squares wide. In the 2nd shot down it looks really squishy. Another suggestion would be to make shaded queues I would die waiting in the sun on top of concrete that long. I am looking forward to seeing how this will develop.

I really enjoyed your original park concept and I'm kinda sad to see it go. Personally I'm more of a fan of creating your own park chain or using another brand, but I'm looking forward to seeing what you have in store.

This is technically still Thrill Gardens. I forgot to mention that Six Flags doesn't completely own Thrill gardens, and that it is possible for me to take Six Flags out of the picture in the near future. The theme park has Six Flags employees but really nothing else. All the rides and ideas came from Andrew Bennet with no influence from Six Flags. We only adopted the Six Flags brand to show that we are partnered with Six Flags but are not officially a part of the chain. Trust me Six Flags is only there for financial support and nothing else and will leave within the next five years.

What does a Intamin Firs Gen Drop Tower look like?

Just a suggestion. You should make every path at least 2 squares wide. In the 2nd shot down it looks really squishy. Another suggestion would be to make shaded queues I would die waiting in the sun on top of concrete that long. I am looking forward to seeing how this will develop.

All the paths are two tiles wide and I forgot to add the path covers. Thanks for commenting!

Dear people following this thread, I need your assistance. I need ideas on what rides to add to Six Flags Thrill Gardens in the 1991 season. I want some public involvement on this thread, so that I don't provide all the ideas, and so that I can see what you want me to do with this park. I will accept any rides, but they must be reasonable. If you want to submit an idea, leave a comment with the ride type so that I can decide by all the choices given. I will allow this until tomorrow night at eight then I will make an update with the rides and the 1991 season. Thanks in advance!

- Simaticable

April 19,1992

General Manager of Six Flags Thrill Gardens, Andrew Bennet, announced earlier today that Six Flags and Thrill Gardens have terminated their contract of Six Flags being a part of Thrill Gardens.

Today, I announce the removal of Six Flags from our park. After finding the park a couple of years after demolition, Six Flags appproached me with a plan. I would get my park back, but they would run the park and what to do with the money. I would have say on what rides to build and where to build them. I accepted, and Thrill Gardens became known as Six Flags Thrill Gardens. After so many years, I decided to terminate the contract and have full control of the park again.

Now that Six Flags is gone, I have decided to form a new company. It shall be called Thrill Gardens Inc. in honor of this great park. I will no longer be supervising this park, but begin building new parks!

This was very surprising but Bennet assured everyone that the park will be in good hands and to expect new parks to show up. Thrill Gardens will be under new management.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thrill Gardens is freed from Six Flags! I will no longer be looking at this park only. I will have a new park and update this park through the rest of the years to come.

In Thrill Gardens all together, nothing was added to the park in 1991, but all I can say for 1992 is I hope you bring a towel.

Sorry for the double post, but no one hasn't replied. If you have any ideas for the park or any suggestions, all would be appreciated.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

May 6,1992

Thrill Gardens has finished the removal of everything Six Flags from the park and no one could be more excited than Andrew Bennet. Bennet said in an interview:

Now that Six Flags is out of Thrill Garden's existence, now we can start expanding this park. We added a splash boats ride and a round up as well as a chaotic. A huge garden area as well as some smaller gardens started to show up and are ready to be shown to guests during the season. FreeFall was removed at the end of the season due to complaints of roughness and an observation tower has been put into the place of FreeFall.

I said in an interview last year that Thrill Gardens Inc. was formed after Six Flags left, and we are proud to announce a new park to added to the Thrill Gardens chain. We are calling it American Thrills Theme Park and construction has begun. So far construction wise, a TOGO standup coaster, a carousel, a laser tag arena, and an elevator were put into the park. Many more rides will show up eventually.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

American Thrills will be put in its own thread soon! I will try to update this park and the other park once a week.

SCR33.BMP

Large gardens area

SCR34.BMP

Chaotic

SCR35.BMP

Splash Falls

SCR36.BMP

Sky Tower in FreeFall's old spot

SCR37.BMP

Round Up

SCR38.BMP

Overview of Thrill Gardens

Sorry for triple posting again but I can't help it.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

June 5, 1992

I am sad to report that a tragedy has occurred at Thrill Gardens. One of our rides, Samurai, caught fire last month and had to be dismantled. Two ride employees were killed when the roof of the station collapsed. 24 others were injured and taken to the hospital. An investigation is taking place into what caused the fire that caused Samurai's removal. Arson has not been ruled out as a cause of the fire. Samurai will be scrapped since the fire destroyed most of the track. Samurai's former location was fenced off but no plans for what will be there have not been released. The station building remains as the only thing of Samurai left. Security is tight in the park as the investigation continues and many security guards were found near Samurai's former station. I was able to take pictures of the fire and some of the demolition of Samurai. This is truly the "Death of a Samurai."

But in other news, a pirate ship ride was added to the splash zone of Splash Falls that allow riders to be splashed upon when the boat goes past the pirate ship. I hope that this will make the riders of the pirate ship to feel like that they are in a boat.

- Andrew Bennet

SCR39.BMP

Fire on Samurai

SCR40.BMP

The collapsed roof of Samurai.

SCR42.BMP

Samurai fenced off

SCR43.BMP

Removal of the double loops

SCR44.BMP

Removal of second drop and turnaround

SCR45.BMP

Removal of brake run

SCR46.BMP

Removal of corkscrews

SCR47.BMP

Removal of final turn

SCR48.BMP

Removal of brake run and transfer table

SCR50.BMP

Removal of lift hills and first hill

SCR53.BMP

The supports remain after removal of track

SCR54.BMP

The station remains

SCR52.BMP

What's left of Samurai

SCR56.BMP

Pirate Ship

SCR55.BMP

Overview of Thrill Gardens

• 3 weeks later...
That pirate ship is going to get SOAKED. I suggest moving it further away from the splashdown ride.
It's suppose to simulate a pirate ship in a bad storm. That was always the idea for the pirate ship to get wet so that guests think that they are on a pirate ship.

Anyways, not much has happened at Thrill Gardens. Security has not determined the cause of the fire. A food court was added that allowed guests to eat outside. The restaurant was added next to the splash ride. Next year's attraction has not been announced yet.

SCR60.BMP

Security Guards working

SCR61.BMP

Food court

SCR62.BMP

Overview

• 2 months later...

Wow, this park has not been updated in a while. Let's just say that this park has been seriously reworked. Most of the rides have been moved around and themed areas have been or will be added.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

January 6, 1996

Four years have passed, and Thrill Gardens will remain closed until the season starts in May. The park closed unexpectedly to renovate the rides and put them in organized areas.

The cause of Samurai's fire was a faulty electrical plug that had frayed wires and caused a fire. The families of the victims did not file a lawsuit, and the park did not receive a heavy fine.

One new ride was added to bring in more guests. A B&M standup roller coaster was brought into the park after Samurai's departure and was kept secret until recently when early pictures of the layout were released. The layout was modified to our discretion. We hope Dragon Fury will be a great addition to Thrill Gardens.

More trees and a giant lake were added to the park to give the park a more relaxed feel. Gardens are being put into the park as well.

Andrew Bennet has stated that new rides can come again now that Forest Thrills is underway and is stable with financial capabilities. A new ride for 1997 will be announced soon, but until then enjoy the pictures of the new Thrill Gardens.

Security shacks were added in case children get separated from their parents and security guards will be there in case a fight or other acts of crime occur. There are one in each of the new areas: Thunder Way, Thrills Pass, and the Midway.

New shops will be added to the Midway as time goes on.

The subway lines were removed due to constant breakdowns. Splash Falls will be added back into the park in a year or two. We had to remove the ride to create an expansion area for next season.

SCR6.BMP

Overview of Midway. Also, McDonald's and Gift Shop

SCR7.BMP

First Aid and Restroom

SCR8.BMP

Entrance to Thrills Pass, 3D Cinema, and Loop-the-Loop

SCR16.BMP

Dragon Fury's signage and station

SCR18.BMP

Overview of Thrills Pass and Dragon Fury and American Screamer

SCR19.BMP

Overview of Thunder Way

SCR20.BMP

White Thunder's station and queue

SCR21.BMP

Dodgems, Chaotic, and Pirate Ship

SCR22.BMP

Thunder Way entrance and Sky Tower

SCR23.BMP

Revolution

SCR24.BMP

Overview

• 1 month later...

I wish I could continue with this park, but with the difficulties of trying to reproduce a park with so many things going against it, I am canceling the park. It would take a whole lot for the park to make a come back. I just don't have the time or patience to try to recreate the park. I wish that I could do it, but I also ran out of ideas. I might try to recreate the park one day, but for now this park is officially dead.

Goodbye Thrill Gardens

Simaticable

• 5 years later...