TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

{RCT3} Harper's Amusement Resort - A Storyline Park

Harper’s Amusement Resort

Hey all,

So, I have finally decided to sit down and begin work on a full-length storyline RCT3 park. I had an awesome start to the season, making six or seven park trips in two months, which prompted some TPR’ing. I stumbled onto my old favorite category, the theme park sim one and was ecstatic to see people still into my favorite game of all time. I decided that I wanted to finally complete a project, so I began doing some brainstorming, getting some general ideas of what I wanted to do. Firstly, CS supports were out of the questions. IMO, custom supports were for the days when we didn’t have auto generated, nice looking supports, which both PLC & RCTW have afforded us. I have decided to name the park Harper’s Amusement Resort, located in Harper’s Ferry, West Virginia. For now, I’m going all vanilla, which cheats for some object collision. I’ve probably spent about two hours in the park so far and am excited to begin the story, so without further delay, allow us to begin. {/i}

07/10/1966

Mark,

I found some interesting stuff regarding the fairgrounds they’re constructing over in Harper’s Ferry, and I figured you’d want a look.

It seems that the park is being operated by some wealthy landowner, who wanted to build the park for his grandkids. Guy’s name is Luke Feith. This is the eighteenth month of construction. There’s not much going on in terms of quantity, but you’ll be excited to hear about the variety going on. There’s a Carousel (yawn) and a Loop-O-Plane already installed, but apparently the guy is really into custom layouts. There’s a PTC woodie, designed by John Allen, and a custom Ghost Train. I reached out to Feith and he claimed he’d be more than happy to show me around the park next week.

I’ll drop you a follow-up letter with some photos next weekend.

Best,

John

07/17/1966

Mark,

Gotta followup on my last note. Had an opportunity to see the park for real yesterday. It’s something, dude. Feith was a super nice guy. Eccentric, but nice. He said they plan to open next April, leaving nearly a year to finish up the park. He promised me a follow-up in February to review progress.

Screen_Shot_2018_06_19_at_7_22_17_PM.png

Here’s your entrance area. Typical; security windows. Beyond is the main entrance. Very small, I wonder if Feith will be prepared for next summer.

Screen_Shot_2018_06_19_at_7_22_46_PM.png

Here’s the actual entrance.

Screen_Shot_2018_06_19_at_7_23_25_PM.png

Midway shot. I walked down to the other end and snapped this. There were a few other people on the tour, mainly Feith’s family members. They all noted what an interesting man he is.

Screen_Shot_2018_06_19_at_7_24_09_PM.png

The lead mechanic did a demo of the Carousel. Behind that, the ‘Main St Market.’

Screen_Shot_2018_06_19_at_7_23_37_PM.png

Here’s a cool shot: the ‘Spook House.’ Only the exterior is done, so, of course, Feith wouldn’t let us in.

Screen_Shot_2018_06_20_at_9_29_58_PM.png

I wasn’t supposed to take this, but… Feith invited us to the Main St. Kitchen for a tasting menu experience. Pictured is the unfinished inside. (Off limits…) The food was good, but average of an amusement fair; burgers, shakes, and fries.

Screen_Shot_2018_06_19_at_7_24_41_PM.png

Here’s of some interest for you, Mark. Its a PTC; Feith calls it Firefly. He claims it has the best ejector airtime in the world. Very, very, unfortunately, we were not allowed a ride.

I only had about two hours, so I (rather glumly) prepared to return home, feeling like I hadn’t really gotten that much out of the day. However, as were leaving, Feith slipped me a card, with an aerial view of the park.

I think we’re gonna have a lot of fun here, friend.

IMG_0113.jpg

Oh, and its got a name: Harper’s Amusement Resort.

Best,

John

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark,

Well, its official, Harper’s Amusement Resort is officially opened and operating. Yesterday, May 1, the park opened its gates for the first times ever, to the thrill of thousands of excited patrons who had the opportunity to ride everything for the first time.

Here’s some photos of the day.

Shot0000.png

The security gates were too small and had back flows in the morning, but cleared up later.

Shot0017.png

It was so cool to be back at the park. A little less exclusive than last time though.

Shot0019.png

If you remember, they hadn’t finished the ‘Spook House’ last year, but I had the chance to ride it yesterday. It was fun, and appropriately scary. Mostly fun, but a couple good jumps.

Shot0020.png

Of course, the shining star of the day was the PTC ‘Firefly.’

Shot0008.png

Had some excellent airtime at the final portions of the ride. Really have to say, its a fantastic layout. I’ll have to take some more photos next time!

Shot0015.png

So long for now! I know, this was a super quick report. They were actually still finishing installing some of the attractions, so I’ll have another update in July.

Best,

John