TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

[PLC] Blackrock Mining Co. [WIP]

Hello Everyone,

I am Bryan, actually a very long time lurker on TPR. A little bit about myself (Ill make an intro post in the other forum). I am an avid Coaster Enthusiast, former RO at several Theme Parks here in SoCal, go ahead and guess.... On top of that, I am also a VFX artist and huge gamer. Put all these things together and Planet Coaster is probably the best venue for me to blow off steam and just have a good time.

With that said, I played PLC back in Alpha, and even streamed (Will return in the future). Recently, decided to dive back into the game for fun as I have some free time on my hands.

One thing I take pride in, is my being able to take all the knowledge I have from the CGI/VFX industry and apply it here, using the indepth knowledge of Theme Park Attractions that I possess to create realistic creations. I decided to start working on a new park with the first themed area or "land" as Blackrock Canyon.

Without spoiling too much here is a brief abstract"

"Enter into a region forgotten by time. Discovered by explorers who sought out new adventures in the wild west, Blackrock Canyon became a hotspot for those seeking something new. However, after the founding of the Blackrock Mining Co., things began to rapidly change. Now this dried up wonder of the world which has been mysteriously abandoned for centuries, has come alive. Although, not everything is as it seems..."

The centerpiece of this new land is a GCI wooden coaster that I will show off here. Designed in the likes of existing GCI greats such as Gold Striker, Prowler, and Apocalpyse.. this completely custom made GCI is meticulously designed to give the feel of racing through terrain and elements smoothly while maintaining that good ole wooden feel.

Here are some of the first WIP shots! Enjoy!

The Layout: ~20ish hours of work so far on this bad boy. It took me about 2 days to really nail down (pun intended) the layout. Some of the features it boasts:

(1) Station Fly-Thru, (2) Station Fly-bys, (14) Cross-overs. I will detail the layout and elements a lot more in the final update for this particular attraction.

Bwxx1Qa.jpg

Queue (Hub): So the Queue itself is broken into 3 parts, Story, Switchback, and Hub. Realistically I am probably only going to incorporate the Story and the Hub.. pictured here. Not 100 percent done on the themeing that I would desire, but this is close enough to the finished product that I can show you. And yes completely ADA compliant .

7Cll0Nv.jpg

Station: Also still WIP.. the loading/unloading platform in the traditional GCI fashion. DISCLAIMER: This park is being built completely from my imagination from the inspiration of my time working at KBF and Disneyland, both attractions. As well as my journeys to ride the biggest and baddest attractions out there.

Oz3mmKV.jpg

Entrance/Exit: Where every story begins and ends.

67RuWgD.jpg

There is alot more to show off, however I will just leave you with these.

Questions, Comments and/or Critique... FIRE AWAY!

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days