2,138 members have voted

1. 1. What's your orientation?

• I'm a guy who likes girls
    • I'm a guy who likes guys
    • I'm a girl who likes guys
    • I'm a girl who likes girls
    • I'm a guy who likes guys and girls
    • I'm a girl who likes girls
    • I haven't figured out what I like yet...
    • Hobosexual (I'm a person who likes hobos)
    • Hoosexual (I'm a person who likes owls)

• 4 weeks later...
^ May I also add..... ....that Black Panther has several of The Most Handsome African-World Actors,

Black Panther rocks. Speaking of Handsome African-based actors, any Madea fans here? I love those movies, unfortunately BOO 2 (the newest) was kind of a dud.

• 3 weeks later...

This movie (based on the Brdwy play) has been unavailable for a long, long time. But now

it's again available through Amazon. A really amazing film, with a great cast, including

John Glover repeating his TONY award-winning role as twin brothers, one dying of AIDS.

Awesome film. Get it.

love-valor-compassion.jpg.1610972295c0cfde4e4343c0966caeff.jpg

(1997)

^ May I also add..... ....that Black Panther has several of The Most Handsome African-World Actors,

of both genders. A stunning looking cast, really. There. I admitted it.

Agreed! I hesitated when my boyfriend asked who was more attractive, him or T'Challa. That's just such an unfair question!

^ I agree with that being a totally unfair question.

~ From my "Getting Creative Dept"....

As you both get older in any relationship, buying gifts and such for a birthday can still

be a challenge. With David and me, we're always buying stuff for each other whether

it's movie tickets (from him) or theatre tickets (from me), etc. throughout the

year. Same goes for food, and DVDs and CDs et al.

So he needed this for an upcoming recipe, but it wasn't available until today, after we had

been there yesterday for our bi-weekly food shopping visit. So we got a rain check for it,

but didn't need it (still in the flyer's date range), and still got the sale price.

So -there it is, and I think I just bought him a $15 gift! Happy Pre-B-Day sweetie!

(His birthday isn't until Saturday, April 7th.)

LeanPork01.JPG.48de65c7bbc4b0cb8366ca8ed437f140.JPG

3 lb.+ of Lean Ground Pork as a gift to the huz. Sorry vegetarians and vegans. Didn't mean to scare you. (o;

• 3 weeks later...

^^ I was right!

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=mouse+ears%2C+pride&rt=nc&_dmd=2

Mostly bidding for them, too. Not many "Buy It Now"(s) there.

***Adding this link, to a great Broadway.com Interview with Broadway legend Nathan Lane, who innocently didn't think he had to

publicly "come out," since everybody he already knew, slready knew it. But he did it eventually, in The Advocate,

after "The Birdcage" (w/Robin Williams) opened:

https://www.broadway.com/videos/158566/show-people-with-paul-wontorek-nathan-lane-of-angels-in-america/

He's currently on Broadway, playing Roy Cohn in the epic two plays of Angels in America.

Just released at WDW!!!

PSST. . from "Hornet". . .which helpfully suggested the following after talking to someone at shopDisneyOnline:

The hat is retailing for $17.99. Queer Disney fans who can’t make it to the parks can call 407-939-5277 to order one over the phone and when prompted, ask for “shopping.” The item number for the “Mickey Mouse Rainbow Love” hat is 400020710710.

not sure if that will work, as when I tried, they are only open on weekdays (but yes, the travel reservation # *does* transfer one to Disney Shopping "to purchase your piece of the magic" when you say "shopping" when prompted)

^ That's great to know! "Just to see what happens", I put an eBay bid on one of them,

knowing it would be outbid. And boy, was it ever outbid. The thing's up to (and over) $60 now!

I think I'll take a try at ordering online - though the shipping to Canada might be too much.

That rainbow Mickey hat is awesome. Has there ever been a Six Flags rainbow shirt? I'm not sure what rainbow easter eggs Cedar Point has, but several years ago there was a write-up about the park and it's glbt staff, which I thought was cool!

• 4 weeks later...
^ Do they still sell the rainbow mickey ears? I really want to get them when I go to Walt Disney World in December.

I'm not sure... but there sure is a market for them!

Speaking of Pride.....

Harvey-Milk-Vodka.jpg.41b7d06d91238c7e3680bd43295f09e0.jpg

Harvey Milk on a vodka bottle feels slightly....um... wierd to me. But hey - It's Pride in many, many forms. And bottles. (o;

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

^ YAYAY! I hope people connect with you, to do that!

I'm listening to a live concert cd, of one Marc Almond, called "12 Years of Tears." (1993)

This openly gay artist was way way ahead of a lot of open artists today. He was, and

still is in his 60's, an amazing musical mentor of our community.

So for ALL the Pride that's being celebrated this summer. GET - THIS - CD! You won't regret it.

And Happy Pride to all of you around the world!

marc-almondLIVE.jpg.2a15687b19331b7034b0f21a2d7996bd.jpg

Happy 25th Anniversary to this CD!

^ to give more info to the young-uns. . . Marc is likely BEST known as 1/2 (and lead singer) of Soft Cell.

tho he had several hits after that band split, and his biggest hit "Tears Run Rngs" is what the title of the album Bill has above is referencing:

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

also had a huge hit with this:

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

and a killer team up with Bronski Beat on a Donna Summer cover:

[youtu_be]https://youtu.be/sYFRFyvhGRY[/youtu_be]

and speaking of Soft Cell.. . who were brilliant even if they are mainly known for "Tainted Love"

check these out, if you aren't too familiar with them:

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

Live version of this one, as the official video has some nudity in it. . but massive club hit:

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

• 2 weeks later...

This just in!!! http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=45028&p=1872526#p1872526

First time they've ever used the whole LGBTQ+ Community as a Theme Day, LOL!

Whatever. That's very cool of them to do that. And I appreciate it.

And you buy socks, you get in free! What's not to love about that. And no time limit in

buying (i.e. before 1pm). Good all day of the day!

I'm loving the PNE/Playland more and more.

http://www.vancouverpride.ca ~ http://www.pne.ca

I am curious ~ This is one of the first times I have ever seen either an annual Fair like this, or a

theme/amusement park put this into their actual schedule. I know Disney has Gay Days but those

are mainly advertised through the organization that puts it on, yes? No? Not on Disney's own schedule.

Or has that changed, and they (and Universal? WDW?) are including such dates (which would be awesome!)...?

IMG_3154.thumb.JPG.87febf5ac722fd7bac42ebd105ef1702.JPG

A past Gay Day at Playland ~ 2014.