2,138 members have voted

1. 1. What's your orientation?

• I'm a guy who likes girls
    • I'm a guy who likes guys
    • I'm a girl who likes guys
    • I'm a girl who likes girls
    • I'm a guy who likes guys and girls
    • I'm a girl who likes girls
    • I haven't figured out what I like yet...
    • Hobosexual (I'm a person who likes hobos)
    • Hoosexual (I'm a person who likes owls)

• 5 weeks later...

So I went last night to a great evening performance of "Die Felicia", which is a monthly horror event hosted by Austin Drag queens Louisianna Purchase (voted best in Austin a couple years in a row) and her partner Zane Zena (former professional wrestler).

the two ladies actually perform as "Die Felicia" twice a month - once at my favorite alternative bar, as part of "Poo-Poo Platter", where they - along with 5 others (typically) put on a full drag show. . tho "Ousie" and Zane always stick to horror themes.

and this end of month performance where they partner with the Mueller Alamo Drafthouse location to take over their bar (Barrel of Fun during the day, filled with carnival type games. . .and "Bar o Fun" at night, when the games go away, and the alcohol comes out).

I often can't make the club show, since it's typically during the week, but I try to make the Movie shows, since they show classic horror films -- in an "audience participation" atmosphere. . . unlike a standard Alamo Drafthouse film, here, we're encouraged to talk back to the screen and shout out anything we find funny -- which is always brilliant, especially since the elevator up to the main theaters exits out to the bar, so there's always a bunch of confused elderly folks (who seem to enjoy going to arthouse films on Sunday evenings!) stepping out of the elevator into a bar full of screaming folks, drag queens, and (usually) boobs on the giant screen -- they ARE "classic" 80's horror films after all.

LOL

During the movie, they pause about 1/2 way thru, and both Zane and Ousie perform, do a trivia contest (or contest of some kind), and tell stories.

it's always great fun, and because it's at the Alamo Drafthouse Bar, full menu is avail (fried cauliflower, jerk chicken sandwiches, and Texas apple pie 'shine on tap! yum).

anyways, last night's film was "Friday the 13th" . .the original.

They stopped the film, right during Kevin Bacon's infamous cabin sex scene (a few moments before the "arrow" kill), and the performances were "Drag Suicide" -- they didn't know what songs, or from what era. . they just had to take turns to try and lipsynch to it. Absolutely hysterical, when Zane didn't know any words to Ousie's favorite song (it was a Patti Smith song if I'm not mistaken), and so Louisiana stood in front, to lipsynch, while Zane got behind her and performed as her arms. SO good, they got a great tip from me for that.

the contest was to call out 3 contestants from the crowd, and have them "vocalize" their death scream. . .imagining they were under Kevin Bacon -- who was frozen on the screen behind the stage. . LOL. was funny as hell.

anyways a great time, and completely free (Alamo even validates the parking for those that attend Die Felicia). . yeah, it was a work night, but was still home by 11:30pm.

onwards to some pics:

IMG_5535.thumb.JPG.694f9dcdc0aa9754f090c200a0e4376c.JPG

Love their "Die Felicia" logo

IMG_5536.thumb.JPG.8431ef63a50172918dba24ee0addd0f6.JPG

closer look at it on the screen

IMG_5538.thumb.JPG.0af9b239964f09e5f2f1dfd3e9e8ff76.JPG

Zane Zena on the left, and Louisiana Purchase on the right, chatting up the crowd (a good 25-40 people) before starting the film.

IMG_5539.thumb.JPG.43d2d10aa4e66a29afd43de1006d60d3.JPG

Ousie giving the ground rules. . if someone tells you to shush, tell them where to stick it. . LOL

IMG_5543.thumb.JPG.403fa6c566a867b8a54d87e9e4b03a7c.JPG

during Drag Suicide (Kevin Bacon's back on the screen).

Ouise didn't know the words. . think this was Stand And Deliver by Adam Ant

IMG_5544.thumb.JPG.fa78914dbfa6d321c150ffea26bc89b7.JPG

so instead she just did some Gymnastics.

IMG_5545.thumb.JPG.4c57f8592d1dfc838d72e56766af3678.JPG

Limber

IMG_5546.thumb.JPG.a2b74aa185320881e4c80a7f3a6e80e6.JPG

during the "Death Scream" contest. . . which seemed to get a bit adult as the interpretation of "death scream" morphed once the hosts told them to imagine they were under Kevin Bacon.

(which technically, they were, since he was right behind them on the screen)

guy in black in the middle won.

IMG_5547.thumb.JPG.211f428de953fc3375e59fba45c78584.JPG

end of the night selfie, with Zane, myself, and Louisiana Purchase

"Nrthwnd wrote:

And this is the way I'd want to spend an evening at SFMM..."

Sounds awesome! Not impressed with Aja though hehe

Yes, it does sound awesome. And I don't know any of the featured acts/singers/performers, etc!

But my home town Fair is finally giving a whole day to the LGBTQ2+? community this Thursday!

Out at the Fair Day ~ The PNE ~ Thurs. August 30, 11am – Late

"Purchase Pride socks at Vancouver Pride Weekend events or the Fair Gate at Hastings & Renfrew streets, and get into the Fair for FREE! ALL PROCEEDS BENEFIT THE VANCOUVER PRIDE SOCIETY."

We love it, that you buy a pair of socks to get free admission, lol! http://www.pne.ca

And there's a Big Drag Show in conjunction with the Dueling Pianos act (remember them

at Magic Mountain?) in the early evening. Will probably be packed for that!

pride-society-logo.png.3ab8a0e5390ac0c0ee92f10346b04c61.png

Hmm. You can barely see the wording with the logo, but it's there!

ReallyQueen.jpg.537edd2ec697243e4b164c61d3d14511.jpg

OutAtTheFair2018.jpg.96fb11525677622a18401b237d40e1cd.jpg

And we bought four pairs of the socks, too! (o:

• 2 weeks later...

This just in!

India decriminalizes homosexual acts in landmark verdict

NEW DELHI — India's Supreme Court on Thursday struck down a colonial-era law that made gay sex punishable by up to 10 years in prison, a landmark victory for gay rights that one judge said would "pave the way for a better future."

The 1861 law, a relic of Victorian England that hung on long after the end of British colonialism, was a weapon used to discriminate against India's gay community, the judges ruled in a unanimous decision.

"Constitutional morality cannot be martyred at the altar of social morality," Chief Justice Dipak Misra said, reading the verdict. "Social morality cannot be used to violate the fundamental rights of even a single individual."

As the news spread, the streets outside the courthouse erupted in cheers as opponents of the law danced and waved flags.

"We feel as equal citizens now," said activist Shashi Bhushan. "What happens in our bedroom is left to us."

roses.jpg.ff2ca4f75c4c98221f7dae30f0d8e913.jpg

So, there's this person on Twitter who's legitimately in love with Sky Scream at Holiday Park. Between this and a few news stories I've seen, this seems to be more common than I would have ever believed. Can anyone shed more light on this? And are there groups of coaster enthusiasts who also feel this way?

^ Most welcome! And between me & David, Vancouver Pride Society AND The PNE,

everybody is hoping this will be a repeating Event at next summer's Fair.

Woo hoo!

IMG_7745.JPG.a1ef3d3c5ec257a9869c1df80113c0f1.JPG

Where the socks were...boughts. Outside the PNE Main Gate.

IMG_7827.JPG.39cfc09af132e63f7fa730a6c9f367f2.JPG

"Out At The Fair" Day was well repped, by both attendees and PNE Staff alike. (o;

IMG_7817.JPG.e9da104a96ed4103b09dc67b65578b51.JPG

Other PNE staff had other uses for the socks, too!

• 1 month later...

Surprised to see no posts here today.

Happy National Coming Out Day!

It has been almost a year since I began my coming out process (as gay). Wow has time flown by. The first person I came out to was my best friend last November, then my siblings in December, and my parents in February. Of course this list of people will never stop expanding, but I have been more happy than ever this past year with my best friend and immediate family completely supporting me along the way. It feels so good to finally be myself and not hide under a mask. I'm so grateful to have an amazing support system. Best wishes to anyone currently going through the process... it gets so much better!

Surprised to see no posts here today.

Happy National Coming Out Day!

I'm so grateful to have an amazing support system. Best wishes to anyone currently going through the process... it gets so much better!

I'm so happy that it's truly getting better!

To know that one's coming out is still, usually, not easy,

and a lot of times not getting reactions you expected, one way or sadly, the other.

No matter how many decades fly by.

So hugs to all you "youngsters" out there (i.e. anyone under....65 ) who still go through this

sometimes very intense, process. But no matter the outcome, always remember...

You Are Loved, Are Lovely, and Are NOT ALONE.

Sept.15-2015.amdam.JPG.ffad1ebf91491d1832b150c8ab4d6593.JPG

Here's to all of you, and your own personal Coming Out Days! xox Bill & David (Enjoying Amsterdam, Sept.2015)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...