TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Rant" Thread

robbalvey

^ A wreck happened right in front of me today at a left-turn yield. I was going to stop to make sure the drivers were okay, but there was no place to pull over. Both drivers looked okay as I drove by, though.

When a park like Playland(PNE) has been closed for over six months until this weekend, you'd think the owners

and operators of the park would get their act together, and ORDER PARTS for whatever reason, for whatever ride is needed.

That said...Coaster, Corkscrew, and two major flat rides were "temporarily not operating" today, Opening Day. I mean WTF ?????

And there was nothing of their usual notice board outside the ticket booths and entry, where people would find out which rides weren't operating

that day. And then be able to decide if they want to spend the money for a day ticket, or skip it. But it wasn't there, that notice board.

Shame on Playland. A very sad way to start the new season.

IMG_6372.JPG.3f32d2ffa9baee8eaa97d5bb2112503e.JPG

Not only was Hells Gate not open, it wasn't all there, either! )o: May 5, 2018.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear car that blatantly ran that red light and nearly hit me, F*CK YOU!!! Really wish there was a red light camera there so that asshole would've been ticketed.

• 2 weeks later...

Just received multiple civil emergency alerts. All of the water in town is contaminated (and boiling will make it worse). Pets are not supposed to drink the water. Water is sold out at most locations. I have a pet. She can't just drink beer!

Pets are not supposed to drink the water.

It has to be pretty bad when pets can't drink the water. So you guys are the next Flint Michigan?

Today I have to drive into the city (St. Louis) to do a civil deposition on a traffic crash I worked four FFFing years ago. Friday I'm on call for court. I also have a Federal trial pending. This is by far the worst part of my job.

• 3 weeks later...

Dear wasps aka assholes with wings!!

Please stay out of my apartment. I will kill you if you come inside! I already got four of you this weekend and I will not hesitate to kill again!

Thank you!

^When spring hit I was working out at the gym at work. There was a wasp trapped inside, so I captured it in a cup and tossed it outside. I sh*t you not, that same day I got buzzed by 4 or 5 aggressive bees. Karma doesn't always work like you'd think.

While I have never liked wasps, I have a bit of a strained relationship with them after I was stung by one last autumn. If I had been aggressive or waving my arms or whatever it would have been "fine", but I was sitting outside in my chair, sitting completely still, and out of absolutely nowhere I felt a sudden stinging sensation in my neck. Not that it was extremely painful or anything, though I definitely felt it for a few hours, but just the completely unprovoked attack really pissed me off!!

I've only been stung by a wasp one time in two places and that son of a bitch HURT! He did a sneak attack on my leg when I was driving. I felt an itch or something moving on my leg, so I moved my hand toward it and BAM! Twice right on the left thigh. It's always fun to panic and have to take care of an attacking bee while you're in your car stopped at a stop light. He got me good. Luckily, I survived. I remember feeling really jittery for the first few hours of work, so I would have felt really weird if I took one on the neck like you did.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I pulled something in my back working out today and it feels REALLY GREAT when I get up and move. I'm sure it will only get better strapping on an extra twenty-five pounds worth of equipment tonight.

^The lasagna was supposed to be in the oven for 30 minutes, but this happened after only 5-10 minutes, so no lasagna for me! Fortunately I heard the 'pop' from the oven, it could have been really bad if it had been sitting in there for another 20-25 minutes leaking lasagna sauce down into the bottom of the oven.