TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Movies, Movies, Movies.....

robbalvey

Yesterday I saw Ant-Man and the Wasp. The movie was pretty much what I expected a nice breather moment in the MCU behemoth. I apreaciate this movie coming after Infinity War I expect Captain Marvel to be very heavy in set-up to Avengers 4. Ant-man is one of the smaller MCU heroes who got a movie and I'm of an opinion that makes their universe feel more real, not every hero has to stop a criminal trying to take over the world some fight lesser villians who still have to get stopped. Ghost however felt underused she showed up (I felt) from out of nowhere and then had to compete against a villian that's just there for the sake of it I guess. The MCU has reached the point where the movies start to flux in how important they are, If you you look at a bridge between Civil War and Infinity War there isn't really one to be found, It's just a devolopment movie for a group of characters we already know. I know we got used by now that each chapter in the MCU worked to Infinity War but this movie didn't feel like it added new lore. I'm okay with it because I feel like after Avengers 4 the MCU will have a couple of Years where they don't build up to the next major event.

• 3 weeks later...

I saw Mission Impossible: Fallout today as well. As an action movie, I thought it was incredibly enjoyable. As a Mission Impossible film, it was slightly lackluster as I feel it lacked the signature setpiece. The helicopter chase climax was great and all, but it was no suspended on a wire from the first, the Burj Khalifa from 4, or the plane takeoff from 5. But overall, I greatly enjoyed it and am excited for the next installment in the series.

Also, to the person that brought a yapping emotional support chihuahua to the theater:

giphy.gif.c500439163ab820af8283fe8305db4dc.gif

• 1 month later...

I saw two Sony movies today. Venom(2nd time) and Goosebumps 2. Of course Goosebumps 2 was the better of the two movies. I mean Venom is one of those movies that’s not bad but not good. It’s just a action, comedy and romance movie that gets the job done. Yeah I did think the movie was enjoyable still but it’s just so silly. The hole six months later thing was really stupid though. The Stan Lee cameo was good. I’m looking forward to seeing Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse this December mainly to see Nicolas Cage play one of the Peter Parkers. As for Goosebumps 2 I was surprised by Jack Blacks small role like he almost didn’t even need to be in the movie. The movie itself was very funny much like the first one.

Edited by 9Armgeddon4

Just saw Venom. It was okay, yeah Okay. I enjoyed myself watching the movie but it's one of those movies if I skipped it I wouldn't hate myself for it. I think the version of Venom they use (or created) in this movie works for the movie, I have no Idea how he compares to the Venom of the comics or Spider-man 3. But this Venom could be cheered on and be terrible depending on the mood and that was what I was looking for.

All said the end fight I thought was a mess. This was the first time in a movie even I couldn't make up who is who. What I could gather of the fight made sense however, it just was too bad you didn't have a clear diffrence.

When I was in Seattle, we went to this little old theater down the street from my friend's house and watched a Japanese horror movie called Hausu (House in Japanese).

Seriously, this is the most f%cked up movie that I have ever seen in my life!

Anyone else ever watch this?

We were a little buzzed going in and were able to order alcoholic beverages and snacks during the viewing. I really needed this in my life...I don't think that I have laughed that hard in years!

Seriously messed up weird, corny and full of awesomeness...it's Japanese, so why wouldn't it be???

Capture.JPG.c7fa0739972bf812d30b74d650ea64a4.JPG

No one better f%ck with Blanche, The Cat or you're doooooomed!!!!

Capture.JPG.c187cc1f61d47d4e73607cb19d9b4485.JPG

I mean, come on now...how awesome is that???

Just saw Venom. It was okay, yeah Okay. I enjoyed myself watching the movie but it's one of those movies if I skipped it I wouldn't hate myself for it. I think the version of Venom they use (or created) in this movie works for the movie, I have no Idea how he compares to the Venom of the comics or Spider-man 3. But this Venom could be cheered on and be terrible depending on the mood and that was what I was looking for.

All said the end fight I thought was a mess. This was the first time in a movie even I couldn't make up who is who. What I could gather of the fight made sense however, it just was too bad you didn't have a clear diffrence.

There was a huge flaw with Riots plan to bring the rest of the symbioties to Earth. As we saw in movie if the host isn’t a perfect match the symboite kills it and without a host the symboite can’t survive. Millions of people would of likely been killed along with the other symbiotes. So this basically made Riots plan completely pointless.

A Star is Born is my favorite film of the year so far. Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga are excellent, well deserving of any awards that come their way. The music is great as well.

First Man was sort of disappointing. The scenes in space are breath taking, but the rest of the movie is very slow. Armstrong was a very reserved man, which unfortunately doesn't result in an entertaining movie character.

We just saw SMALLFOOT. It was a fun movie in 3D with surprisingly uptempo songs.

And Channing Tatum can - sing! And Zendaya had a great singing part (and song), as well.

And James Corden was a real annoying hoot, who eventually warms up to.... (no spoilers here)

Great origin story too. But - this is the third time we've gotten this funny

"Keep your feelings and doubts inside you.... deep down inside you..." moment.

Recently we heard this in seeing "the Book Of Mormon" for the third time. In the number Turn It Off.

Then we heard it a second time, during the latest installment of American Horror Story.

Also a Turn It Off moment, and we laughed at us both remembering at once, where we first heard this.

And then, yesterday, we got a third go of it, in Smallfoot.

And since (most) things happen to me in 3's..... we're done!

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw A Star Is Born, and we were blown away, both by Lady Ga Ga and Bradley Cooper is his directorial debut.

And he sings awesome, too! Must get the soundtrack CD. The movie is intimate and EPIC back and forth.

We are old, and are viewers of two previous version of this film, Streisand's and Judy Garland's, the better of these two we feel.

This one follows the same path, but modernizes it for today's music, and wow - they nailed it and then some, especially on the concert scenes.

We knew the single "Shallow" that had been released. But there was so much more to enjoy, besides that. And Ga Ga was just amazing!

Without the glam or the outfits etc. she is raw bones, and freekin' awesome with her voice. The last song left us just stunned.

I was an amazing and most welcome change from all the SPECIAL E-FECTS AFFECTS EYE-FECTS' movies that were opening now, and

pretty much "the norm" this past year. Heck, we've even been seeing more I-MAX movies because of the glut. More than I can count.

So if you want a good music film, this is it. I hope it gets the Oscar Noms for Picture, Director, Actor, AND Actress. Screenplay, too.

Nothing is a perfect 10 (IMhO) so.....9.5/10

We also saw previews for "Rocketman" (Elton John bio) and "Bohemian Rhapsody" (Queen & Mercury bio, already open).....WOW-OMG-REALLY???!!!

"Rant, Before I've Even Seen it Dept..."

After seeing the highly repeated "Ralph Breaks The Internet" previews....

....Why is Queen Elsa there, with all the other Princesses in the room Vanellope ends up in?

I know her and Princess Anna are sisters, but so what? Just for the magic trick with her hands?

She's a Queen, not a Princess. And shouldn't be there, regardless of the gag(s).

A continuity problem. That's what it is.

Just discovered this online poster for the new Ralph 2.0... love it!

It's actually a pretty good poster, representing a lot of Disney/Pixar,

so it might be a good find to buy and put up on a wall.

Or print.

RalphBreaksTheInternet2018.jpg.6f5e84a1c5162d1ab8fb42033c3f0f1a.jpg

Poor Ralph ~ Everybody's PO'd with him.

I saw Bohemian Rhapsody this weekend and if you're a Queen fan I highly recommend it. It was such an awesome movie and I learned a whole lot more about them. The best part is that Brian and Roger were listed as executive producers so I have a feeling it pretty much stuck to a lot of the actual history of the band. Very very good movie. I give it a rating of Millennium Force.

I enjoyed a lot about Bohemian Rhapsody, but I wish it would have stuck more to the truth of Queen's story. The main points of conflict in the film were extremely fictionalized. Freddie wasn't the first member of Queen to go solo, and they never actually broke up. He also wasn't diagnosed until years after the Live Aid performance. The record executive played by Mike Myers wasn't a real person. I understand that no biographical film is going to be 100% true, but these events are made out to be HUGE parts of Queen's journey, despite never actually happening.

I did enjoy a lot of the film though. Remi Malek really is incredible as Freddie, especially in later scenes. The press conference scene was effectively suffocating. A small detail that stuck out to me was the silhouette from the Bohemian Rhapsody music video appearing in the glass of the recording studio. The Live Aid performance was also a great finale to the film.

^ We just came home from seeing it, and we were blown away, by mainly the actors playing Freddy and the band.

We also kept wondering if somehow, the one who kept his long hair "shag".... was actually Benedict Cumberbatch!

Not to be, obviously, but we did wonder from time to time....

All the Queen songs were great how they were worked into the film. And the non-music scenes were amazing at times.

I do agree, there is "a lot of stuff moved around" as to correct events, etc. But I am sure that happens in a lot

of other bio-pics.And one way or the other, we remember that Freddy did die of AIDS, that "Paul" was the bad

apple in the scenario, and thankfully, the music never dies.

We enjoyed "Bohemian Rhapsody" a lot, and even stuck around through the credits to hear all the music being played.

I saw Overlord recently. I cannot express how many Nazis are punched in this film. If you enjoy seeing Nazis punched, kicked, shot with machine guns, and blown up with grenades, this is the film for you.

We are Americans. We punch Nazis and we do not EVER bring them back. That's who we are and that's what we do.

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw The Nutcracker, etc.etc. this afternoon.

It was ..... okay. Spectacular in 3D and a nice couple of twists near the end of it.

But once was enough. And IMAX (we saw it on regular screen) would have hurt my eyes, lol.

Ho ho ho. 7/10 Popcorn Boxes

We saw Ralph 2.0 this afternoon and it was alright. But....

Has anyone seen this new trailer for a new animated film called ... Wonder Park?

OMG I could not believe what was in it all. A theme park fanboi's wet dream, LOL!

Here's the link to one of the first trailers....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQhQVd8AYOo

And in 3D too. Coming in MARCH 2019.

And yes, I have every intention to buy the Blue Ray ~ 3D DVD, when it's eventually released.

WonderPark01.jpg.fd677aa4d6b08fbc52781f08dd0fd1b4.jpg

I recently watched the 2009 remake of My Bloody Valentine on Netflix. But there was a problem with the film: the kills were edited! It was frustrating to see Netflix showcase a watered-down version of the film's kills (while keeping all the other non family-friendly content uncensored) but at the same time, I couldn't help but think how it mirrored the original's troubled history with the MPAA (which had 9 minutes cut from the theatrical version and not all of that footage has been recovered).

Additionally, I'm somewhat surprised that it hasn't garnered a sequel yet, considering there's a few unresolved plot points and how financially well the film did ($100M against a $14M budget). Maybe when the CW finally puts Supernatural out of its misery.

...Maybe when the CW finally puts Supernatural out of its misery...

Side note, but I completely agree with you about Supernatural. My partner is still a bonafide watcher,

but I can take or leave it, now. I think it's gone a year (or more) past it's "freshness label".

• 2 weeks later...

Note to Self:

Once Poppins 2.0 is out on DVD, this will complete an interesting trio of Poppins-related films....

Mary Poppins ~ Saving Mr.Banks ~ Mary Poppins Returns

It's practically perfect in every way!

SavingMrBanks-Disney2013.jpg.cd0a02a48809dedd2c200fd4532ed0e0.jpg

I really enjoyed this film, Tom Hanks and Emma Thompson included!