TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cheese eaters unite!

kraxleRIDAH

Okay, I did a little search and it turns out TPR doesn't have a topic like this -- which is surprising as I was quite certain every topic that there is to talk about has been covered. Except...

Cheese.

Anybody else really love cheese? I mean the edible kinds you can purchase at the local grocer, not the "funny" term you would use to jokingly describe a certain kind of disgusting bodily discharge or milk produced by pregnant women over the age of 55.

I love Dill Havarti. Love love love it. Best cheese ever. I could eat a whole block of it, and have done so before, but I did get very sick -- probably cause I also drank a lot of milk at the same time. Pepper Jack? Love it. Provolone? Great on sandwiches. Parmesan? Can't eat speghetti or pizza without it.

I can't hang with Bleu cheese though. The one cheese I won't eat.

I also love cottage cheese although I don't think it's technically a cheese --- and cheesecake...can we say best cakes ever created by man?

So...any other cheese eating people out there that want to suggest a great cheese? Cheese haters also welcome to join in on the discussion.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never heard of meunster cheese...I guess I wasn't the big cheese enthusiast I thought I was...what does it taste like? I'll make an effort to buy some next time I'm buying groceries.

As for white cheddar. What can I say? Cheez-Its in its white cheddar flavor form is probably the best cheese-flavored pre-packaged cracker ever made.

I often get asked if I would like some pasta with my parmesan. Gotta love the quality cheese rather than the cheap stuff.

Jarlsberg with some salami or prosciutto and a dill gerkin wrapped together, mmmmm.

King Island (Aussie) Brie on crackers.

Now that I think about it, I probably eat cheese nearly every day. OK i love cheese.

There's this awesome Dutch Market by my high school that has an incredible cheese-sampling section. They have some of the most amazing stuff, like smoked mozzarella, and a really creamy "farmer's cheese." It's very good stuff. I am also completely addicted to eating grated parmesan (only... I pour out a whole pile of it, and eat that).

In short, cheese is very tasty.

I think Muenster cheese is fantastic. White cheddar is awesome too!

It's Münster Cheese, but its close enough.

-Tanks "since I'm taking German I'm a stickler for grammatical errors" 4me05.

Anyway, yeah Münster Cheese is good. To be honest, any kind of cheese (except Bleu, and even that I'll eat on some occasions) is awesome. But what is really fun, is to take a piece of every type of cheese I have in my fridge, and melt them all into one aweomse super cheese (I did it with 5 cheeses once, and it was goooooooooooooood.)

Pecorino is great and the Dutch Gouda is amazing. I can eat cheese as is without anything else. However with my high Cholesterol level I can't.

Does anyone here like Blue Cheese (smelly ones) ?

And here is something pretty common in the Middle East :

Eating salted Feta Cheese (kind of Greek cheese) with watermelon.

Really cool thing.

This is a brilliant random topic!

My faves are (excuse the bad spelling):

*Havarti Dill

*American

*Mild Cheddar

*Beer Cheese

*That wine cheese spread thing, sniglet, whatever

*Munster

*That seasoned Motzerella

Love getting a few different types, some townhouse crackers, pepperoni slices, and maybe som hillshire farm smoked sausage for a fun meat and cheese tray. Goes great as a lazy dinner or movie snack tray.

One night while buying some of the above at Walmart, my girlfriend and I were told "Ya'll have class." by the cashier. We looked at each other confused and then thanked her. Then we cracked up in the parking lot. Wierd situation, but a nice compliment just the same.

That evil stuff is the reason i will never be as slim as i want to be - it is so dam good. I had a very odd cheese the other day. It had raisons inside and was sprinkled with a lot of cinnamon.

I even went to Amsterdam just to visit a cheese shop (i added on a theme park but that was not the primary goal!) so here is my cheese shop trip report. Come on - they have places named after cheese, Edam for one

The girl hiding between the blue cheese gave me a ham and cheese slice when i asked for a goats cheese ( and i had to go back cause they forgot to give it to me with the rest of what i ordered).

There is much more in there - a huge rack of pre packed cheese to the left. And they had sweet things as well as savory. I dont remeber what it was but it was more gorgeuos than the girl on the right, who smiled at me. Happy days. well 15 mins.

that_dam_cheese_shop.JPG.5df81d52a20e70a797e1fef56d0a812c.JPG

How often to you take a photo of a shop selling food huh?

Mozzarella (Please note the correct spelling )

...reaching for dice....

No, my spelling is bad and I was tired when I posted that. And there's a dictionary on the shelf less than 10 feet away. How lazy is that?

In 92 or 93, our family was out in California at Fashion Island and there was a market down in the bottom of one of the buildings. I remember being really impressed by all the different foods, hanging sausage, and big wheels of cheese (which I'd NEVER seen before). The market was gone last year when we went.

Also topic related, there is a website somewhere that has webcams set up so you can watch cheese age. No kidding.

Love getting a few different types, some townhouse crackers, pepperoni slices, and maybe som hillshire farm smoked sausage for a fun meat and cheese tray. Goes great as a lazy dinner or movie snack tray.

HAHAHA. This is so funny to me because I feel the exact same way and have done that so many times...especially the part about it being a good "lazy dinner" or movie snack tray. Good gourmet cheese, crackers, thin slices of deli meat all stacked on top of each other...soooo good.

Sometimes when I'm at a event that's catered, I find it hard to separate myself from the snack table with all the cuts of cheese, crackers, and sliced smoke salmon.

One night while buying some of the above at Walmart, my girlfriend and I were told "Ya'll have class." by the cashier. We looked at each other confused and then thanked her. Then we cracked up in the parking lot. Wierd situation, but a nice compliment just the same.

Cheese eaters are classy.

TheRapidsNerd wrote:

HAHAHA. This is so funny to me because I feel the exact same way and have done that so many times...especially the part about it being a good "lazy dinner" or movie snack tray. Good gourmet cheese, crackers, thin slices of deli meat all stacked on top of each other...soooo good.

Sometimes when I'm at a event that's catered, I find it hard to separate myself from the snack table with all the cuts of cheese, crackers, and sliced smoke salmon.

Quote:

Cheese eaters are classy.

LOL! Well said.

Hmmm....New subgroup of park AND cheese enthusiasts? Pinball enthusiasts too! This could be fun on a future trip (big grin).