TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Mega Dead Celebrity Thread

^ I had really wanted to go to this camp and begged my parents because "all the cool kids were going". After three days, I was calling my parents in tears - begging them to come get me.

They did because they knew how distressed I sounded - that and the fact that they weren't affiliated with any type of organized religion. I think my Dad told me later that he was tempted to tell me how he knew it would suck and that I probably wouldn't like it - Mom and Dad being right as usual. lol

It wasn't until years later that I told them that I thought something weird was going on with the Deacon summoning boys to his cabin during what he called "Uncle Ron's Happy Hour" - where all the kids had to go take a nap in their cabins and he would call them one at a time out of the cabin.

I never said anything about it until the whole priest scandal rocked the Catholic Church. I had no idea what may have been going on at the time, but still remembering that the whole thing seemed really suspicious. I remember lying in that bunk thinking and hoping that I wasn't going to get called out because I didn't want to know what might happen. The boys that came back didn't quite look the same after their "visitation". But luckily none of my friends were "chosen" either.

Thinking about that guy still royally creeps me out to this day (even though he's dead now). And I can't even imagine the torment those young boys/men suffered throughout the years. Even though there is no way to prove that it really happened, once you put the puzzle pieces together, it all certainly seems to add up.

And as far as I know, he never got caught either.

I can't believe I didn't know about this sooner, but Norm Rogers, one of the greatest punk drummers ever, passed away from cancer last week. He played for Cows, one of my favorite bands of all time. He played on many of their best albums, including Cunning Stunts, which is in my opinion one of the greatest albums in rock history. It was a huge inspiration to me when I started playing drums, since the drumming on that album is absolutely perfect. I know a lot of you haven't heard of Cows, but they were an awesome and influential punk/noise rock band that never got the credit they deserved (which is why news of Norm's death never really spread). So I'd highly recommend at least listening to

to hear this legend at his best. He will be missed.

David Ogden Stiers just passed away at age 75. Some people will either know his work as Major Charles Emerson Winchester on M*A*S*H or as the many different animated characters he played for Disney's films (Cogsworth, Jumba, Governor Ratcliffe, etc.).

• 2 weeks later...

Though Hawking's death always seemed looming, he did so many great things all the way to the end, even coming up with the theoretical basis for quantum computing. He was the greatest scientist of our time and will be missed. The thing about science, though, is that someone else will come along and build on what Hawking has done, and will rise to even greater heights.

Stephen Hawking is one of my favourite people ever. I am agnostic, not atheist, but he was such a smart person and influenced a lot of how I think today. He was also very brave to be bold and stand out while he was being made fun of for being in the state he was. Rest in peace.

When we heard about Hawking's passing, David and I wondered if "The Big Bang Theory" on tv, would possibly have a dedication to him,

on one of their upcoming episodes. That's where we know he had appeared seven times (!), if only (for the most part) in voice on a laptop.

EDIT: They did, and a Vanity Card was written in memory of him, too.

Edited by Nrthwnd

• 4 weeks later...

^ I (sort of) remember him as Dreamfinder, but I definitely remember him in the

RightGuard deodorant commercial, as "the guy on the other side of the medicine cabinet"......

"Hi Guy!"

^ I (sort of) remember him as Dreamfinder, but I definitely remember him in the

RightGuard deodorant commercial, as "the guy on the other side of the medicine cabinet"......

"Hi Guy!"

those of us. . "of age" remember watching him in this too:

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

• 3 weeks later...

aw man.. . .

Margot Kidder R.I.P.

she's had a really rough past couple of decades, but she'll always be THE Lois Lane to me.

https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/celebrity/margot-kidder-actress-best-known-superman-movies-dead-69-n873951

superman.jpg

absolutely loved her in the Black Christmas & Amityville Horror films too

black-christmas.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTXd1pDlxQvw8WEv5-PO75iA8O5ESxlXpM1db4_q0zLsREmQzQcVw

^ Just heard about this on the radio.

She was THE Lois Lane to many of us older generation of movie goers. Definitely to me.

And I hope that her and Christopher Reeve are flying higher and faster than ever, right now.

R.I.P. Margot

• 2 weeks later...

John Bain, better known as TotalBiscuit, a YouTuber with over 2,000,000 subscribers passed away yesterday. He had been diagnosed with terminal cancer in late 2015, but kept doing YouTube until last month.