Nickelodeon Universe / American Dream Discussion Thread

P. 32: Mega-mall opening date set for October 25th, 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Love Donkeys!

Re: Nickelodeon Universe / American Dream Discussion Thread

Postby rachelmadcow » Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:41 pm

PKI Jizzman wrote:Today's probably not going to be the day.

This feels like they’ve read here and are tired of people wanting updates constantly.

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:22 pm

rachelmadcow wrote:
PKI Jizzman wrote:Today's probably not going to be the day.

This feels like they’ve read here and are tired of people wanting updates constantly.

I'm thinking it's more about the lack of updates and ease of ability to find correct information on any of their owned and operated sites/socials.

I'll be able to post more photos and a report when I'm back home. Alex and I did have fun - the halfpipe, Shellraiser, Shredder, Skyline Scream (when running correctly), and the weird controlled flippy ride were all fun! Just paying $70 vs $60 and the laundry list of issues they have make it hard to not complain about a lot.
{1991} Chicago based. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd
IG: photoboothez

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby jamesinclair » Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:30 pm

This is a couple of weeks old, but I didnt see it posted. Explains the price hike
Nickelodeon Universe sold out on the holiday week and entry to the park had to be closed on several occasions because it hit its 7,000 person capacity.

It’s also drawing 10,000 visitors per day “on an ongoing basis,” McHugh said.

Long article worth reading

https://www.nj.com/bergen/2020/01/american-dream-has-been-open-for-3-months-are-people-going-to-the-mega-mall.html

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:58 pm

I believe it! There are so many people just hanging out in the mall doing nothing in a mall with nothing. The American Dream socials do make it look like there's more there than there actually is so maybe that's why but I can't understand why they're getting that. Just sheer surrounding numbers? Is free parking the biggie?

I mean they technically have the steepest coaster in the world yet there was ZERO mention or bragging about it.

Also they could market the shit out of the incredible views on Shellraiser and Skyline Scream!
{1991} Chicago based. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd
IG: photoboothez

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby southpuddle » Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:13 pm

It’s almost as if they have a team of accountants and marketing professionals deciding what the prices should be, and aren’t targeting cheap-a** coaster enthusiasts who want to get in for practically nothing and spend no money once they’re there. Weird.

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby Mike240SX » Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:24 pm

Well, there is nothing to spend money on when you're there (unless you want a 7-11 grade sandwich from a push cart), so even if we wanted to, there's nothing to buy.

And I'm sorry if expecting a reasonable return on investment is being a "cheap ass coaster enthusiast." The place has 3-5 solid adult rides and another few that might be enjoyable by some adults, no shows, no nothing else, not even proper food stands. Sorry if that's not worth $60 or $70 to us.
-Mike
Total Coasters: 145
Top 10 Steel: Maverick, Skyrush, Intimidator 305, Fury 325, Banshee, Millennium Force, Raptor, Superman: The Ride (SFNE), Top Thrill Dragster, Big Bad Wolf
Top 10 Wood: The Beast, El Toro, Phoenix (Knoebels), Boulder Dash, Thunderbolt (KW), Mystic Timbers, Comet (Hershey), Hercules, Shivering Timbers, Jack Rabbit (KW)
Top 5 Hybrid: Twisted Timbers, Goliath (SFGAm), Wicked Cyclone, Great White, Gemini

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:18 pm

These last two posts sum up the situation perfectly. While some are complaining that the place is killing their business with the current pricing as far as saying the place will be closed in a year. This is not comparable to a Hard Rock Park. The park is practically selling out every day at current pricing levels and on days that there will be more demand (when all schools in NYC and NJ are out) they are raising prices to bring in more revenue.

southpuddle wrote:It’s almost as if they have a team of accountants and marketing professionals deciding what the prices should be, and aren’t targeting cheap-a** coaster enthusiasts who want to get in for practically nothing and spend no money once they’re there. Weird.

From a business standpoint, it sounds like they have dynamic pricing down pat. As such, when the demand drops, they will lower prices.

Mike240SX wrote:Well, there is nothing to spend money on when you're there (unless you want a 7-11 grade sandwich from a push cart), so even if we wanted to, there's nothing to buy.

And I'm sorry if expecting a reasonable return on investment is being a "cheap ass coaster enthusiast." The place has 3-5 solid adult rides and another few that might be enjoyable by some adults, no shows, no nothing else, not even proper food stands. Sorry if that's not worth $60 or $70 to us.

If you want to pay to brag about being there before others, then you pay the price. If not, you hold out and wait like me until the price is more to your liking as this self proclaimed cheap-ass coaster enthusiast will do. Every park should be this fiscally responsible.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Satans Hockey » Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:31 pm

I'm also waiting until the prices become more reasonable and the rides are all open. I wish they had a pay per ride option just so I could check out the coasters. It's just hard to justify paying $60-70 for me when my season pass that includes free parking and access to every six flags is the same price/cheaper than this place. For now I'll just go to great adventure to get my coaster fix instead.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:18 am

Anyone from the New York metro area who expected this place to be reasonably priced hasn't lived here long enough. This is exactly where I expected the price point to be. Doesn't Coney Island charge like $8 to ride a Zamperla Volare once?

southpuddle wrote:It’s almost as if they have a team of accountants and marketing professionals deciding what the prices should be, and aren’t targeting cheap-a** coaster enthusiasts who want to get in for practically nothing and spend no money once they’re there. Weird.

Okay, I'm with you on the sentiment but there are clearly no people with any competent marketing people working at this place. Let's not get carried away. This place is succeeding because in that location it's a license to print money but it's succeeding despite their atrocious marketing efforts, not because of them. :lol:
Last edited by coasterbill on Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:20 am.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby southpuddle » Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:58 am

Oh come on, I really like the paper print out sign with a typo :lol:

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!